The Documentary Edge Festival is well upon us here in Wellington, showing a range of documentaries from New Zealand and around the world at the Roxy Cinema in Miramar. Kiwese picks out two docos with links to China that you might be keen to check out over the next week or so!
FINLAND / 89min. / Chinese with English subtitles.
Director Mika Mattila. Producer Markku Niska.
This looks mean. Artists Wang Guangyi and Liu Gang come from different backgrounds and different eras, presenting their views on the Chinese identity in an ever globalising, Westernising, commodity obsessed society.
TWIN SISTERS (2013)
NORWAY 2013 / 58min. / Norwegian with English subtitles. Director/Producer Mona Friis Bertheussen.
Omg I’m gonna cry. Twin babies found in a box in a Chinese village and adopted to families on opposite sides of the world. They are pen pals and it looks gorgeous. S2S.
Check out the full Documentary Edge program, lots of great stuff to see. Give Miramar a chance.
- Full (from 5pm and all weekend): $17
- Open (weekdays before 5pm): $11
- Film Society/Industry Guilds: $14
- Student and Under 25: $12
- Senior and Community Card: $12
- 10 Tickets: $140
- 5 Tickets: $75
- Phone / Box Office: (04) 388-5555
- Online: www.roxycinema.co.nz
- In person 5 Park Road, Miramar